So You Want to Be a Cyber Security Professional
Open The Door To A Cyber Security Career
In an uncertain world of information technology, one thing is for sure.
Cyber security is in the spotlight and will be for the foreseeable future. Today's security professionals have countless books, seminars, and web sites available to help guide them in their craft. Protecting valuable computing infrastructure and data have become vital to the well being of all civilized nations.
But, what about tomorrow? Who will be protecting our computer assets in five or ten years? What will they need to know to do the job?
Security expert David Rice talked with LinuxPlanet about careers and the opportunities in the cyber security field. Rice is a course author and instructor for the SANS Institute. He is also the Executive Security Advisor at TrustWave Corporation. Finally, as an Adjunct Professor at James Madison University, Rice contributes to their Information Security Graduate Curriculum. The passion was definitely there as he answered questions.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 2Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 3Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 4Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time
- 5Linux Top 3: Tails 1.0, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 and Debian 7.5