So You Want to Be a Cyber Security Professional
Open The Door To A Cyber Security Career
In an uncertain world of information technology, one thing is for sure.
Cyber security is in the spotlight and will be for the foreseeable future. Today's security professionals have countless books, seminars, and web sites available to help guide them in their craft. Protecting valuable computing infrastructure and data have become vital to the well being of all civilized nations.
But, what about tomorrow? Who will be protecting our computer assets in five or ten years? What will they need to know to do the job?
Security expert David Rice talked with LinuxPlanet about careers and the opportunities in the cyber security field. Rice is a course author and instructor for the SANS Institute. He is also the Executive Security Advisor at TrustWave Corporation. Finally, as an Adjunct Professor at James Madison University, Rice contributes to their Information Security Graduate Curriculum. The passion was definitely there as he answered questions.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3