So You Want to Be a Cyber Security Professional - page 4
Open The Door To A Cyber Security Career
Rice added that there are many other paths to being a cyber security pro. "Not only can being a security administrator be good, but also the mailing lists, and the open source community projects that are out there are phenomenal ways [to get experience]. The great thing about information technology is that there is no age limit. You can be 12 and smart and be on a mailing list. that's a great way [to learn]because you're a part of the community, you improve the community and these projects get you involved."
Rice finished with a parting thought, "Follow your heart. The thing that's really going to keep you going in this profession is interest, rather than a paycheck. Paychecks are great, don't get me wrong, but... it's the interest."
Rob Reilly is a professional technology writer and consultant whose articles appear in various Linux media outlets. He offers professional writing and seminar services on Linux desktop applications, portable computing and presentation technology. He's always interested in covering cool Linux stories. Send him a note or visit his web site at http://home.earthlink.net/~robreilly.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates