Athlon Linux boxes now shipping
High Spec and low cost
Two companies recently announced Athlon-based Linux systems. California-based Pogo Computer has a sleek gold offering, aimed at the desktop market, and Penguin Computing has been showing off its server clusters based on Athlon systems.
AMD is popular with the Linux market due to
the lower cost of its CPUs. The Athlon is the
latest CPU from AMD. Its raw compute power
compares favourably with anything that Intel
is currently producing, and the EV6 bus system
that Athlon motherboards use runs at 200
Mhz--double the speed of normal motherboards.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader