Athlon Linux boxes now shipping
High Spec and low cost
Two companies recently announced Athlon-based Linux systems. California-based Pogo Computer has a sleek gold offering, aimed at the desktop market, and Penguin Computing has been showing off its server clusters based on Athlon systems.
AMD is popular with the Linux market due to
the lower cost of its CPUs. The Athlon is the
latest CPU from AMD. Its raw compute power
compares favourably with anything that Intel
is currently producing, and the EV6 bus system
that Athlon motherboards use runs at 200
Mhz--double the speed of normal motherboards.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 2Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 3Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 4Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 5Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time