Redhat to give support contracts to Compaq
and Compaq to give fixes back to Redhat
A deal between Redhat and Compaq means that Compaq's Customer Services will be supporting RedHat Linux directly on its customers machines. Prior to this, the often lucrative support contracts went to Redhat when Compaq sold a machine with Redhat installed.
In the other direction, as Compaq comes up with fixes specific to Compaq machines when providing support to its customers, it will give the details to Redhat. Redhat will add the hanges to future Linux releases, so Linux should end up working even better on Compaq hardware...
In the press release Bob Young, chair and CEO of Red Hat, Inc said
"Compaq has one of the most powerful, worldwide call center support operations. This agreement combines Compaq's hardware and networking expertise and Red Hat's superior development expertise in open source software solutions".
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative