Corel to Unveil Linux Strategy on January 23
Corel to spin off Linux products?
With the future of the company on the line, top officials from Corel Corp. plan on unveiling the company's new corporate growth strategy on January 23. The executive team will roll out details of the company's plans to employees and media at a special event to be held at the Ottawa Congress Centre.
According to company officials, senior executives at Corel are in the final stages of reviewing the company's corporate strategy which is designed to better position the company for long-term growth and profitability. Corel has been assisted in these efforts by a third-party management consulting firm.
Sources not associated with Corel are confirming previous rumors regarding the sale of Corel's Linux division to an unnamed third party. Under this plan, Corel would maintain an ownership stake in the new Linux venture, but would not actively participate on a day-to-day basis. The new venture would combine existing Linux companies with the Corel acquisition and focus on the creation and management of Linux tools.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux from Scratch, Ubuntu 14.01 Beta and Arch Updates