Corel to Unveil Linux Strategy on January 23
Corel to spin off Linux products?
With the future of the company on the line, top officials from Corel Corp. plan on unveiling the company's new corporate growth strategy on January 23. The executive team will roll out details of the company's plans to employees and media at a special event to be held at the Ottawa Congress Centre.
According to company officials, senior executives at Corel are in the final stages of reviewing the company's corporate strategy which is designed to better position the company for long-term growth and profitability. Corel has been assisted in these efforts by a third-party management consulting firm.
Sources not associated with Corel are confirming previous rumors regarding the sale of Corel's Linux division to an unnamed third party. Under this plan, Corel would maintain an ownership stake in the new Linux venture, but would not actively participate on a day-to-day basis. The new venture would combine existing Linux companies with the Corel acquisition and focus on the creation and management of Linux tools.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3