Debian's Valentine's Day Gift: Lenny!
Lenny Scheduled for Valentine's Day Release
In a Sunday post to a Debian mailing list, Debian developer Adeodato Simo said that Lenny was now officially in 'deep freeze' meaning that the release is really being locked down.
"The weekend of February 14th is going to be our tentative target for release," Simo wrote. "We've checked with all the involved teams (which are many!),and the date works for all of them."Simo also noted that Debian will be releasing a "Lenny and a half" release half-way through the Squeeze release cycle, which is the next Debian release.
Each Debian release seems to be a tremendous effort (and it is), though this time around with some of the political infighting about open source/Debian Social Contract obligations it might well have made it even more of a challenge than usual.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates