Dell Adopts Ubuntu Server
12,000 Active DeploymentsCanonical reaches a major milestone as they make a deal for Dell's PowerEdge servers.
Ubuntu Linux vendor Canonical is expanding its cloud horizons this week, thanks to a new cloud partnership with Dell.
Dell will be making the Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud (UEC) technology available on Dell PowerEdge C2100 and PowerEdge C6100 servers. The UEC deal marks a major milestone for Ubuntu as it moves from Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) desktops to servers.
UEC has been part of the Ubuntu Linux distro since the Jaunty Jackalope release in April 2009. Subsequent Ubuntu releases have further improved on the technology that is based on the open source Eucalyptus project. In April 2010, Ubuntu told InternetNews.com that it had 12,000 active deployments of UEC...Read the rest of Sean Kerner's Ubuntu story at Serverwatch.com
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader