From the Desktop: It's a Users' World - page 3
So let's back up for a second and examine this question: of all of the Linux distributions out there, which environment is loaded by default most? I think it has to be KDE, though I will readily admit this is just a feel, not actual numbers. KDE is the default in Slackware and (the distro custom made for newcomers) Corel Linux, just to name a few. Red Hat seems to be the only big purveyor of Gnome right now, which means that any new Linux users are likely going to see KDE first. Borrowing from Newton's first law of motion, a user at rest will stay at rest, and KDE will be the more-used environment. For now.
I'd rather Linux be on the winning side of that argument any day of the week.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic