When Will PCs Be Powerful Enough?
Web Apps on a Netbook? Get Real.As the years went by, hardware advanced rapidly. Power went up, prices came down. But software was always a bit ahead, so we spent a fair bit of time waiting for something to happen even on the latest and greatest machines.
Fast-forward to now, and a quick specs comparison: My newest PC has 4 gigabytes RAM, dual-core CPU, terabytes of hard drive storage, good PCIe graphics card, and onboard everything. It should handle all tasks with ease. And yet, I still experience that familiar click-and-wait syndrome.
Read the rest of this plaintive cry at the Linux Today Blog.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader