Is Google Chrome Really the Windows Killer, or the Linux Killer?
Is Chrome Really Linux?
Since late 2009, talk of how Google's Chrome OS is being positioned to "take on" Microsoft Windows has been promoted by individuals who I believe have no idea what they're talking about.
This leads us to consider that Microsoft's Windows OS is not the target for Google after all. So the next line of thought leads us to wonder if perhaps Chrome OS is being created to take on something closer to its own design ��� for instance, Ubuntu Linux?
Or perhaps instead there���s yet another alternative target that Google has yet to reveal?
In this article I���ll explore all these possibilities and share some of my own thoughts as I see the future of Chrome OS moving forward. I will discuss how Ubuntu, Windows and yes, even OS X might play into Google's long term game plan.
Is Chrome OS Linux or not?In order for there to be a any correlation between Ubuntu and Chrome OS, we need to determine how similar Linux and Chrome OS actually are...
Read the rest of this Google Chrome story at Datamation
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 2Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 3Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 4Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time
- 5Linux Top 3: Tails 1.0, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 and Debian 7.5