Addicted to Ubuntu? Try These 3 Distros!
Fabulous Linuxes Everywhere
No one can make the claim that Ubuntu isn't becoming the de facto Linux distro out there in the world today. It's becoming especially true when looking at those using Linux here in the States. For new and die-hard users alike, Ubuntu has all but captured the community.
So thankfully, despite Ubuntu's success, there are some fantastic alternatives out there that fit the needs of most people. Simple to install, easy to use and all of them fit onto a LiveCD ��� no DVD downloads, thanks.
In no order of importance, here are my strongest Ubuntu alternative distros -- no, they���re not based on Ubuntu in any way.
1) Simply Mepis is Simply FabulousI consider Simply Mepis to be among the first distro to get it "right" for people looking for a no-hassle, stable experience with a generally consistent environment from release to release.
At its core, Simply Mepis is created to make things easy to use right out of the box for any Linux skill level. Despite being a KDE-only distro based on Debian, Mepis allows the end user to setup their network, video configuration and other settings from the Simple Mepis "assistants."
This is handy when you want to switch from the NVIDIA NV driver to a proprietary driver instead, yet wish to do so safely from...
Read the rest of this alternatives to Ubuntu Linux story at Datamation.com
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates