Packages and Package Managers - page 4
How Does it Keep Up to Date?This extra information will include data on the version numbers and facilities the program offers so keeping up to date is easy with a package manager.
Finding and installing Linux software is easy with the aid of the package management software. All the major distributions offer something. The crudest and oldest is the Slackware installpkg program. Red Hat's RPM system is a more sophisticated system and is the most widely used. Debian distributions include several tools including apt, dpkg and dselect that together act as a powerful package system.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 4Linux 3.10 Improves Multi-tasking and SSD Caching
- 5Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.