Packages and Package Managers - page 4
How Does it Keep Up to Date?This extra information will include data on the version numbers and facilities the program offers so keeping up to date is easy with a package manager.
Finding and installing Linux software is easy with the aid of the package management software. All the major distributions offer something. The crudest and oldest is the Slackware installpkg program. Red Hat's RPM system is a more sophisticated system and is the most widely used. Debian distributions include several tools including apt, dpkg and dselect that together act as a powerful package system.
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support