Red Blood in the Emergency Room, Red Carpet on the Way - page 2
A polite debate
There's an unfortunate lack of creative zest around the LinuxPlanet headquarters of late, and we've run into a snag.
Every good column needs a name, and what's particularly vexing about the whole "column about GNOME" thing is that we were struggling mightily to find the whole "g" or "gn" angle that really makes something GNOME-related complete.
Some ideas so far:
- gnomenclature (but IBM already has a column called that)
- Waiting for Gnodot
- "gn... gn... gn..."
Ximian has kindly donated some swag: a CD of their latest release, a Ximian hat, a Ximian shirt, and a plush monkey. The hat, I'm told, is a rare one indeed, and not many have been given out. The plush monkey is very nice, and the CD is great for folks stuck with low bandwidth.
So, until we have a good title, the offer's open: mail me with your suggestions for a column name, and a hand-picked panel of LinuxPlanet luminaries will assist in picking the winner, who will get a smallish box with four bits of Ximian fun.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic