Caldera Changes its Captain but Stays the Course - page 2
Say Hi to the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss?
Love, while not leading UnitedLinux, will be coordinating the working board and CEO efforts to bring UnitedLinux to port. This will involve everything from fine-tuning technical details to setting up the organizational structure.
Specifically, this will start by further refining and defining UnitedLinux's membership levels. UnitedLinux, Love says, is all about producing a commercial Linux business server.
But that doesn't mean that Linux companies like Debian and Slackware, who don't currently target the business server market can't join. Love, with the support and participation of his fellow UnitedLinux executives, will initially be spending their time defining UnitedLinux membership levels for other Linux companies and for independent software vendors.
According to Caldera and SuSE officials, UnitedLinux has been a roaring success and Love says, "has far surpassed expectations." Now, though, "there is an increased urgency to get UnitedLinux out and running." That will be Love's assignment over the next year.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10