IBM's eServer Strategy Strong on Linux and UNIX - page 4
A Writer's Note
IBM is an agressive company, make no mistake. Any attempt to paint them otherwise would be rather silly. They have made it clear that they are going after other hardware manufacturers, such as the aforementioned Sun, Dell, and HP. However, over and over the competitive comments made by Michos focused on the hardware, not the operating system.
It is not clear what IBM's next move will be, either in this current legal battle or their overall server strategy. But looking at a snapshot of their server strategy just hours before the SCO Group suit was announced, they did not look like a company trying to kill off the UNIX operating system.
Certainly not in-house.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3