Guarding Your Systems With Guardian Digital - page 4
Constructing The Fortress
"We have upgraded every component of the system. This is a major new release, and certainly represents the best Community Edition to date," Wreski said.
In summary, the improvements in this release include:
- Integrated network and host intrusion detection using Snort and Tripwire.
- Guardian Digital Secure Network to provide easy access to security and system updates.
- Mandatory Access Control (MAC) using the Linux Intrusion Detection System to provide sophisticated access control and prevent Trojan horse attacks.
- Hardened kernel and user tools providing highly resilient protection from intruders.
- Gateway firewalling using stateful packet inspection.
- Security Control Center to monitor system activity.
- Upgraded core components including Linux kernel 2.4.20, iptables-1.2.7a, and development tool chain.
Guardian Digital continues to develop products that address small business as well as multinational enterprise security and application requirements. Their most recent launch of a companion product, Secure Mail Suite, provides secure remote access, antivirus and antispam protection, group collaboration tools, WebMail, and integrates into existing mail systems easily.
Their complete line of products and services can be seen at http://www.guardiandigital.com/.
Rob Reilly (aka: "Dr. Torque") is a professional writer and senior technology consultant, whose work includes Linux, business systems integration, innovation training and occasional hot rodding excursions. He frequently writes and speaks about these and other topics. He has 17 years experience in the high technology, manufacturing and the utilities industries. He is always 'on-the-lookout' for stories and projects that focus on Linux, business and the cutting edge. Send him a note or visit his web site at http://home.cfl.rr.com/rreilly.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.