VERITAS: Then and Now - page 5
A Mere Two Years Ago
Anyone who doubts that VERITAS is getting into Linux in a huge way just needs to look at the number of supported products, and how that number is growing´┐Żeven in terms of supported distributions. This Linux focus is pushed by customer demand. The customers may not be begging for Linux in particular, but Linux is what meets their needs the best.
This can be summed up with a quote from the VERITAS team that sums up both the strategies that many companies are embracing today, and VERITAS's own place in this approach: "By automating the management of server resources, IT managers can 'virtualize' computing capabilities on-demand, when and where its needed--regardless of the location of those IT resources. By finding ways to squeeze even greater efficiencies from these IT infrastructure, that doesn't sacrifice availability and performance, is another key factor in reducing costs. And that's where VERITAS comes in."
Dee-Ann LeBlanc has 11 books and over 80 articles in print, and so much more. Check out http://www.Dee-AnnLeBlanc.com/ for more details.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3