Bacone College Stays Cutting Edge With OpenOffice.org
After 124 years of continuous operation in Oklahoma, Bacone College must know how to do a few things right, especially when it comes to making strategic decisions for the future.
It should then come as no surprise that the college would choose to standardize on OpenOffice.org for its writing, spreadsheet, and presentation needs.
Recently, the school knew it was time to upgrade and expand their desktop IT resources, but had the usual issues of funding, aging equipment, and resistance to change. Using Open Source Software and several innovative implementation techniques, the school was able to upgrade their IT infrastructure and make all faculty, staff, and student documents compatible.
It wasn't all that complicated. This is the story of how they did it.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader