A Day at the IT Forum in Vancouver - page 4
Breakfast and a Keynote
All in all, the IT Forum provided for an interesting day. I learned a few new things, got to talk to other people in the IT community along with running into some people I know from the local Linux community, and probably ate healthier than I would have at home since there was someone else to cut the fruit and vegetables up into nice, neat pieces. There also wasn't a lot of product pushing in the talks I attended, which was nice. I wasn't sure what to expect there since this was a free show.
The main complaint I heard was that there weren't many giveaways. Just some free pens. Perhaps we techies are a bit spoiled with the expectation that we won't have to buy any new T-shirts ever again, if we just attend enough conferences.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader