A Day at the IT Forum in Vancouver - page 4
Breakfast and a Keynote
All in all, the IT Forum provided for an interesting day. I learned a few new things, got to talk to other people in the IT community along with running into some people I know from the local Linux community, and probably ate healthier than I would have at home since there was someone else to cut the fruit and vegetables up into nice, neat pieces. There also wasn't a lot of product pushing in the talks I attended, which was nice. I wasn't sure what to expect there since this was a free show.
The main complaint I heard was that there weren't many giveaways. Just some free pens. Perhaps we techies are a bit spoiled with the expectation that we won't have to buy any new T-shirts ever again, if we just attend enough conferences.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative