Verano's Industrial Defender Does Just That - page 3
Industrial Strength Opportunities
Verano's Industrial Defender Guard product could be thought of as a high security firewall/router, with built-in additional monitoring and alarming capabilities.
The box is basically a 1U rack mounted Intel based machine with an ASIC based firewall. The appliance provides network anti-virus protection, network intrusion detection and VPN links.
While the appliance blocks unauthorized user's entry into the plant network, it's Rules Manager provides immediate lock-down capabilities, in the case of a large scale attack. In other words, plant security can completely slam the door to the outside world with the press of a few buttons, if need be. Although the widget number data flowing to the head office would be halted, the plant could still operate normally, just isolated. The Rules Manager can also selectively regulate network access according to pre-determined "threat levels."
That gives you an idea of the basic function of the Industrial Defender Guard system. Verano also has addressed the more "social" aspects of industrial cyber-security.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader