Verano's Industrial Defender Does Just That - page 3
Industrial Strength Opportunities
Verano's Industrial Defender Guard product could be thought of as a high security firewall/router, with built-in additional monitoring and alarming capabilities.
The box is basically a 1U rack mounted Intel based machine with an ASIC based firewall. The appliance provides network anti-virus protection, network intrusion detection and VPN links.
While the appliance blocks unauthorized user's entry into the plant network, it's Rules Manager provides immediate lock-down capabilities, in the case of a large scale attack. In other words, plant security can completely slam the door to the outside world with the press of a few buttons, if need be. Although the widget number data flowing to the head office would be halted, the plant could still operate normally, just isolated. The Rules Manager can also selectively regulate network access according to pre-determined "threat levels."
That gives you an idea of the basic function of the Industrial Defender Guard system. Verano also has addressed the more "social" aspects of industrial cyber-security.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative