The Yin and Yang of Open Source Commerce, Part 2 - page 5
Estimating the Global Number of Servers
It has so far been demonstrated that the global It market is largely untapped. Only 14% of the global population is an IT consumer today. Further, analysis of market statistics has demonstrated that the Linux businesses have so far targeted the top-end of the market very successfully.
The next part of this discussion will attempt to identify market opportunities and what may be need to create a more OSS friendly, profitable, and significant Linux presence that can redefine the IT industry.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alienware, KDE and Ubuntu 13.04
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 3GNOME 3.8 Debuts New Open Source Linux Desktop
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu Kaylin, Debian Wheezy and Linux Mint