The Yin and Yang of Open Source Commerce, Part 2 - page 5
Estimating the Global Number of Servers
It has so far been demonstrated that the global It market is largely untapped. Only 14% of the global population is an IT consumer today. Further, analysis of market statistics has demonstrated that the Linux businesses have so far targeted the top-end of the market very successfully.
The next part of this discussion will attempt to identify market opportunities and what may be need to create a more OSS friendly, profitable, and significant Linux presence that can redefine the IT industry.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 2Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 3Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 4Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 5Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders