Getting the Real Facts: How Industry Analyst Reports Can Trick Readers - page 6
Start from the Beginning
And finally, it really does matter who sponsored the study. Any reputable analyst firm will discose the funding source, if there is one. Naturally, any study sponsored by a company that shows its products in a favorable light must be considered less reliable than any independent study. This point is just plain common sense.
Lesson: vendor-sponsored reports can be biased.
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support