Getting the Real Facts: How Industry Analyst Reports Can Trick Readers - page 6
Start from the Beginning
And finally, it really does matter who sponsored the study. Any reputable analyst firm will discose the funding source, if there is one. Naturally, any study sponsored by a company that shows its products in a favorable light must be considered less reliable than any independent study. This point is just plain common sense.
Lesson: vendor-sponsored reports can be biased.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.7, BackBox Linux 4.3 and RoboLinux 8.1
- 2Linux Top 3: SLES 11 SP4, Chromixium OS 1.5 and Canonical Licensing
- 3Linux Top 3: VirtualBox 5, Point Linux 3.0 and OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 4.2 rc1, 4MLinux 13 and antiX15
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Rafaela, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 and VectorLinux 7.1