Getting the Real Facts: How Industry Analyst Reports Can Trick Readers - page 6
Start from the Beginning
And finally, it really does matter who sponsored the study. Any reputable analyst firm will discose the funding source, if there is one. Naturally, any study sponsored by a company that shows its products in a favorable light must be considered less reliable than any independent study. This point is just plain common sense.
Lesson: vendor-sponsored reports can be biased.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alienware, KDE and Ubuntu 13.04
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 3GNOME 3.8 Debuts New Open Source Linux Desktop
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu Kaylin, Debian Wheezy and Linux Mint