Getting the Real Facts: How Industry Analyst Reports Can Trick Readers - page 6
Start from the Beginning
And finally, it really does matter who sponsored the study. Any reputable analyst firm will discose the funding source, if there is one. Naturally, any study sponsored by a company that shows its products in a favorable light must be considered less reliable than any independent study. This point is just plain common sense.
Lesson: vendor-sponsored reports can be biased.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic