The Mobile Linux Initiative at OSDL
On October 16, 2005, the Open Source Development Labs (OSDL) announced the creation of a new initiative called the Mobile Linux Initiative (MLI) to focus on accelerating the adoption of Linux in the rapidly growing mobile market. At the time of writing, the member companies in MLI cover the mobile telephony ecosystem listed here:
- CPU / Chipset Manufacturers
- Linux distribution and platform suppliers
- ISVs for Middleware and Applications
- Handset Manufacturers
- Mobile/Wireless Carriers and Operators
Other companies from different geographies are also in the process of joining the MLI.
The mission of MLI is to accelerate the development and adoption of Linux in the mobile space and it is well aligned with the OSDL mission.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader