The Mobile Linux Initiative at OSDL
On October 16, 2005, the Open Source Development Labs (OSDL) announced the creation of a new initiative called the Mobile Linux Initiative (MLI) to focus on accelerating the adoption of Linux in the rapidly growing mobile market. At the time of writing, the member companies in MLI cover the mobile telephony ecosystem listed here:
- CPU / Chipset Manufacturers
- Linux distribution and platform suppliers
- ISVs for Middleware and Applications
- Handset Manufacturers
- Mobile/Wireless Carriers and Operators
Other companies from different geographies are also in the process of joining the MLI.
The mission of MLI is to accelerate the development and adoption of Linux in the mobile space and it is well aligned with the OSDL mission.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux from Scratch, Ubuntu 14.01 Beta and Arch Updates