My Penguin, The Doctor - page 4
The Most Mission-Critical Application. Ever.
Using the Linux based Merlin Patient Care System, doctors can program and monitor St. Jude brand implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and pace-makers.
The new machine is just one more example of the versatility of the Linux operating system. Its stability and rich programming tools, allowed IBM to develop a custom interface that was quick and easy to use.
Rob Reilly is a consultant, trend spotter, and writer. He is a contributing editor for LinuxToday. He advises clients on portable computing, presentation technology, and business process integration. You can visit his web page at http://home.earthlink.net/~robreilly.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader