Fedora 11 Needs A Name: The Polls Are Now Open
Vote Early, Vote Often!Red Hat's Fedora Linux is currently in the process of developing Fedora Linux 11, but first the new distro will need a name. So in the spirit of openness Fedora has opened up the naming of Fedora 11 to a vote. The names under consideration are:
Blarney, Brasilia Claypool, Duchess, Euryalus, Indomitable, Leonidas and Zampone.
The Fedora 10 release was named Cambridge and Fedora 9 was called Sulpher. Fedora actually has a wiki page up now explaining the various name choices as well as the naming process itself. Basically there has to be a link between Cambridge and the new name in some way.
Voting on the new name is underway until January 9th and the winner will be announced on January 10th.
Article courtesy of InternetNews
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader