Linux Radio Ads a Success, Not a Failure
Linux on Kim Komando's ShowFirst of all, I love the audacity of advertising Linux on the Windows-happy Kim Komando radio program. Kim is all about Windows, with a smidgen of Mac and lots of consumer electronics. But it was the perfect program to run a Linux ad campaign on, because Ms. Komando is really about doing things with tech-- sharing photos, connecting with family and friends, mobile devices, music, shopping, movies, job hunting, blogging, and everything else under the sun. What a great under-served audience to target.
Ken first created a high-quality professional 60-second spot, and then generously released it into the world for anyone to modify and use. Then he had funds for a two-week campaign, with these results:
4 personal visits
Ken my friend, that is what we call "a roaring success."
Read the rest at the Linux Today blog.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10