7 Fabulous Gifts For Your Favorite Linux/FOSS Geek - page 2
Beautiful Computer Speakers, Lighting the Darkness
Tux KeyboardZaReason's Tux Keyboard has made me smile ever since they first invented it. Is that clueful or what? It is sad and disgraceful that the big-name hardware vendors are so in thrall to the Borg that they even adopt their branding. ZaReason also has an Ubuntu keyboard with hotkeys for email, Internet, volume controls, and other goodies, and Ubuntu case badges, and of course a line of excellent Linux computers from netbooks to servers.
Secret Computer Stash DrawerTurn that unused 5.25" drive bay into a PC Drawer and Locking Safe for a mere ten clams. You can also convert it to a cupholder and cigarette lighter. (Don't smoke, you know why.)
External USB SATA Drive DockThis beast looks like a toaster, especially the dual-bay model. It connects to your PC via USB or eSATA (finally, a reason to use that front-panel eSATA port). The possibilities are many: data recovery, backups, testing, and just because it looks like a toaster. It supports both 2.5" laptop and 3.5" desktop drives.
- Skip Ahead
- 1. Beautiful Computer Speakers, Lighting the Darkness
- 2. Beautiful Computer Speakers, Lighting the Darkness
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 2Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 3Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 4Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 5Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time