Spicy Fedora 14 Adds New Linux Flavor - page 2
Polishing the Plumbing
The Fedora 14 release development cycle is occurring at the same time that Red Hat is preparing its Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 product (RHEL) for release. Smith noted that despite the looming release of RHEL 6, there has been no impact on the Fedora 14 release. He added that RHEL is on its own track, separate from Fedora.
Overall the big challenge for Fedora 14 from Smith's perspective is making sure that enough people test the beta. The goal is to find and fix any problems before Fedora 14 becomes generally available.
"I think we're fairly good on the schedule so far -- we had a one week slip on the alpha release, but we need to remain vigilant to make sure we stay on target," Smith said. "We're scheduled right now to release in the first week November."
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 2Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 3Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 4Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 5Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time