Spicy Fedora 14 Adds New Linux Flavor - page 2
Polishing the Plumbing
The Fedora 14 release development cycle is occurring at the same time that Red Hat is preparing its Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 product (RHEL) for release. Smith noted that despite the looming release of RHEL 6, there has been no impact on the Fedora 14 release. He added that RHEL is on its own track, separate from Fedora.
Overall the big challenge for Fedora 14 from Smith's perspective is making sure that enough people test the beta. The goal is to find and fix any problems before Fedora 14 becomes generally available.
"I think we're fairly good on the schedule so far -- we had a one week slip on the alpha release, but we need to remain vigilant to make sure we stay on target," Smith said. "We're scheduled right now to release in the first week November."
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates