3D Graphics Hardware in Linux - page 4
IntroductionThe G200 has been supported in 2D for some time as part of the standard XFree86 SVGA package. Recently, Matrox released the specs for the 3D portions of this card, and as a result, preliminary drivers for it have been written. They are available at http://www.on.openprojects.net/glx/. Click on the FAQ link and follow the instructions to download and install the binary packages. This will install a modified version of Mesa as well as a "glx" module, which will enable X to co-operate with OpenGL commands. Currently the G200 drivers are still in heavy development, so support options for them are limited. Make sure you read all the documentation available.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader