Win4Lin: Running Windows Applications Under Linux - page 4
Computing in the real world
Win4Lin works as advertised. The fine print is there but, with the exception of games, most Windows applications should run under Win4Lin. Performance is comparable to running Windows alone although some window updates were not as smooth as with Windows alone.
Win4Lin will not run all Windows applications but it does run the important ones from word processors to spreadsheets. A free eval copy can be downloaded from their Netraverseďż˝s website. It runs for an hour before putting up messages indicating that it is an eval version. It is a great way to verify that your set of applications runs under Win4Lin. Most people that try it will like it. I do.
OS: Red Hat 6.x and 7.x, Caldera Open Linux 2.2 or later, SuSE Linux 6.1 or later, Linux-Mandrake 6.1 or better
Software: Windows 9x
Processor: Intel Pentium or better
RAM: 32MB minimum
Hard drive: 15MB free
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader