Win4Lin: Running Windows Applications Under Linux - page 4
Computing in the real world
Win4Lin works as advertised. The fine print is there but, with the exception of games, most Windows applications should run under Win4Lin. Performance is comparable to running Windows alone although some window updates were not as smooth as with Windows alone.
Win4Lin will not run all Windows applications but it does run the important ones from word processors to spreadsheets. A free eval copy can be downloaded from their Netraverseďż˝s website. It runs for an hour before putting up messages indicating that it is an eval version. It is a great way to verify that your set of applications runs under Win4Lin. Most people that try it will like it. I do.
OS: Red Hat 6.x and 7.x, Caldera Open Linux 2.2 or later, SuSE Linux 6.1 or later, Linux-Mandrake 6.1 or better
Software: Windows 9x
Processor: Intel Pentium or better
RAM: 32MB minimum
Hard drive: 15MB free
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux from Scratch, Ubuntu 14.01 Beta and Arch Updates