Yellow Dog 3.0 Better Red Hat than Red Hat 9 - page 3
I'll Bet Odysseus Never Had These Problems
So, here I sit, typing away on the iBook, my notes beside me on the couch. But this will not be the swan song for Yellow Dog in my house. I have decided to keep this machine and sell the Compaq after all.
Let's face it, I don't need another Windows machine (one is more than enough), and I really do like Yellow Dog for compatability and transparency more than its Red Hat counterpart. Plus, with OS X on the other side of this iBook, I get to have three platforms in the house--all the better to be the OS voyeur I seem to have become.
Yellow Dog Linux is an excellent OS for people out there that love their Mac hardware, and a great entry point into Linux for those folks. It was certainly more than enough for this user to stay with his Mac a little longer.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative