Mandrake Is On The Move - page 5
The only reason I've given Mandrakelinux 10.0 Community four stars is that it is not the official release and because of the boot loader issue. Otherwise, unless MandrakeSoft does something horribly wrong between now and the full release in May, you won't go wrong to pre-order the complete Mandrakelinux 10.0 Official CD-ROM or DVD-ROM set. The misfeatures I mentioned are (mostly) small and easily remedied. The installation is a breeze, the application selection is first-rate, and the speed, stability, and features of top-notch. It is easy for me to recommend Mandrakelinux 10.0 to anyone, from the clueless newbie to the veteran, CLI-addicted power-user. There's something here for everyone.
Kurt Wall is an all-around Linux geek. He has written all or parts of eight books about Linux and UNIX programming and system administration and is the technical editor for over a dozen other Linux- and UNIX-related titles. Currently, Kurt works for TimeSys Corporation in Pittsburgh and lives in South Park, Pennsylvania. He receives entirely too much email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates