Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0--The Enterprise Gets An Update - page 6
Enterprise Linux and Red Hat
RHEL4 is a huge step forward for Red Hat and should be a breath of fresh air to businesses who require the stability and support associated with and enterprise Linux distribution, but desperately needed or wanted new versions of the kernel, servers, and applications. If you were waiting for newer features or software to appear in the Enterprise Linux space, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 is well worth a look. If you're already a RHEL customer, run, don;t walk, to your support representative for an upgrade.
Bill von Hagen is the author of numerous books and articles on Linux. For more information about Bill, see http://www.vonhagen.org.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates