Review: XAMPP--An Apache Server Stack - page 2
The most up to date version of XAMPP can be obtained from its SourceForge.net project page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/). For the purpose of this review I evaluated 1.4.13, which was released on April 10, 2005.
One simple line at the command prompt is all you need to get the ball rolling:
tar xzvf xampp-linux-1.4.11.tar.gz -C /opt -
Successful execution will unpack all the files and install them ready to go on your server. You could actually just type opt/lampp/lampp start at this point and you'd have a functional AMPP stack running. There are however a few adjustments that really should be made to bring XAMPP up to snuff. One of them is to enable the included eAccelerator program which dramatically improves the performance of PHP. Getting to work is a simple matter of removing the semicolon (which acts to comment out the line) in XAMPP's php.ini file located at: /opt/lampp/etc/php.ini (see Figure 1).
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support