Pixel Image Editor Gives Graphics Goodness - page 4
There's much more to Pixel, of course. Doing your image in layers is a great way of making a complex image easier to build. Think of animation cells (at least before they were done on computers), where transparent sheets had scenes, characters, and objects painted onto them and then assembled in layers for the whole picture. That way you can create a background scene in one layer, typically on the bottom, and then on the next create at least part of a character, such that you change nothing on the background itself.
Those who aren't graphics geeks may never feel the need to investigate a tool like Pixel any deeper, but those who are will soon feel at home.
Dee-Ann LeBlanc is an award-winning technology journalist and computer book author who specializes in Linux.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10