Pixel Image Editor Gives Graphics Goodness - page 4
There's much more to Pixel, of course. Doing your image in layers is a great way of making a complex image easier to build. Think of animation cells (at least before they were done on computers), where transparent sheets had scenes, characters, and objects painted onto them and then assembled in layers for the whole picture. That way you can create a background scene in one layer, typically on the bottom, and then on the next create at least part of a character, such that you change nothing on the background itself.
Those who aren't graphics geeks may never feel the need to investigate a tool like Pixel any deeper, but those who are will soon feel at home.
Dee-Ann LeBlanc is an award-winning technology journalist and computer book author who specializes in Linux.
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support