Xandros Server: Pre-Packaged Power, Centralized - page 6
YALS--Yet Another Linux Server?
As a Debian-based distribution, Xandros has continued to add its own special sauce to the already simple and powerful upgrade mechanisms provided by Debian's apt-get, developing and refining its Xandros Networks tool to simplify updates and the installation of additional software. Figure 5 shows the Xandros Networks tool after searching for available updates.
Unlike desktop and business products, the extra software that you can
install on Xandros Server isn't a variety of desktop productivity
software. The pane at left in Figure 4 shows the additional software
choices available for Xandros Server, which includes server-level
packages such as Oracle, JBoss, SugarCRM, DB2, and so on, as discussed
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 4Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 5Linux 3.10 Improves Multi-tasking and SSD Caching