Xandros Server: Pre-Packaged Power, Centralized - page 6
YALS--Yet Another Linux Server?
As a Debian-based distribution, Xandros has continued to add its own special sauce to the already simple and powerful upgrade mechanisms provided by Debian's apt-get, developing and refining its Xandros Networks tool to simplify updates and the installation of additional software. Figure 5 shows the Xandros Networks tool after searching for available updates.
Unlike desktop and business products, the extra software that you can
install on Xandros Server isn't a variety of desktop productivity
software. The pane at left in Figure 4 shows the additional software
choices available for Xandros Server, which includes server-level
packages such as Oracle, JBoss, SugarCRM, DB2, and so on, as discussed
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support