How Dapper is Drake?
Why So Pupular?Yes, I know you're sick of hearing about Ubuntu. Ubuntu this, Ubuntu that, everyone must love Ubuntu or else. Don't run away screaming just yet, because there are good reasons for all the Ubuntu buzz. The first one is they have an excellent and productive PR machine. This is a good thing, and there is no reason other Linuxes cannot follow suit. Don't whine about Ubuntu getting all the attention, because anyone can email or phone some journalists and get something going.
The second reason is they are doing a lot of interesting and inventive things:
- LiveCD with one-button hard disk installer
- Nicely customized, single-CD installation
- Large friendly user community
- Up-to-date packages
- Shiny new server distribution
- Shiny new release for UltraSPARC
- Officially certified for DB2 and MySQL
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support