How Dapper is Drake? - page 3
Why So Pupular?
It installs with a minimum complement of packages, totaling around 425 megabytes. Even with the LAMP stack it weighs in at only 557 megabytes on my test system. This is not intended to be a bloaty general-purpose server with everything needed to make everyone happy, but a base system to build on.
Some of the package choices seem a bit odd, like
xfsprogs--the default installation gives you ext3;
pcmciautils, which is for laptops;
wpasupplicant, for wireless interfaces; and the ALSA sound system. Most servers don't even have soundcards. But anything you don't want is easy enough to remove.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader