Sectoo--A Live Look at Gentoo - page 3
Why Make A Security Distro?
Although the Sectoo team is just a handful of "friends," they show that anyone can take Open Source programs and create a useful live CD product, that scratches a specific itch.
If you are a security professional, with an emphasis on network testing, Sectoo might just fill your needs.
Download it and give it a try. If you like what Rousseau and his team have built, be sure to give them your support and feedback.
Rob Reilly is a consultant, trend spotter, and writer. He is a contributing editor for LinuxToday. He advises clients on mobile business computing and presentation technology integration. You can visit his web page at http://home.earthlink.net/~robreilly.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader