Conversational Voice Recognition With Wizzard Software - page 3
According to Bruce Phifer, a manager for Wizzard Software, "The conversational model opens up the speech technology market to a huge range of applications that are speaker independent...meaning those that (by their nature) cannot require an enrollment to achieve good accuracy."
"The list is almost endless, but includes uses like on-the-phone customer satisfaction surveys, analysis of call center dialogue for problem spotting, subject spotting in huge amounts of audio like news broadcasts and phone conversations for further analysis, retainment of audio from conference calling for data mining, mobile sales force note and data gathering", he said.
Another use might be for a vendor to set up a quick call to a customer, after a sales visit. The application could gather follow-on facts and store them for analysis. Phifer summarized the technology as being useful, anywhere that audio can be converted and stored as "understandable, but not letter perfect" text for reuse, refresh and data mining.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux from Scratch, Ubuntu 14.01 Beta and Arch Updates