Conversational Voice Recognition With Wizzard Software - page 3
According to Bruce Phifer, a manager for Wizzard Software, "The conversational model opens up the speech technology market to a huge range of applications that are speaker independent...meaning those that (by their nature) cannot require an enrollment to achieve good accuracy."
"The list is almost endless, but includes uses like on-the-phone customer satisfaction surveys, analysis of call center dialogue for problem spotting, subject spotting in huge amounts of audio like news broadcasts and phone conversations for further analysis, retainment of audio from conference calling for data mining, mobile sales force note and data gathering", he said.
Another use might be for a vendor to set up a quick call to a customer, after a sales visit. The application could gather follow-on facts and store them for analysis. Phifer summarized the technology as being useful, anywhere that audio can be converted and stored as "understandable, but not letter perfect" text for reuse, refresh and data mining.
Sponsored by BlackBerry
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express enables businesses of any size to quickly and easily get started with the BlackBerry solution. It provides advanced BlackBerry smartphone features with no additional software or user license fees, and works with any Internet-enabled BlackBerry data plan or a BlackBerry enterprise data plan. Download now!
- 1Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 2Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 3Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 4Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 5Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders