Track Your Systems With NetIQ
Managing hundreds or thousands of servers and desktops is a daunting job. System and network administrators need to be able to quickly load new machines, install applications, coordinate backups, balance network loads, and troubleshoot outages. They are constantly under assault by viruses, cyber criminals, and their own budgets.
As computing power has increased, administrators have increasingly relied on automation (computers monitoring and managing computers) to help keep users up and running.
Operating messaging type servers, such as Voice over IP (VoIP), have become especially tricky, given the near real-time and distributed nature of the data flows. Short downtime tolerance of the users, call quality, and customer support have added to the burden.
Fortunately, over the past few years, companies have been springing up with software solutions that help enterprises with their large scale system management needs.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux from Scratch, Ubuntu 14.01 Beta and Arch Updates