Ease-of-Use Tips for the Desktop - page 3
Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
The following are the sound instructions from my windows 98.vmx file. To get my missing sound connection working, I copied sound-related instructions from my file shown below.
I copied them into the Ubuntu.vmx file and I had sound working immediately. This method may work on other missing sections of a .vmx file.
sound.present = "TRUE" sound.startConnected = "TRUE" sound.fileName = "-1" sound.autodetect = "TRUE" sound.virtualDev = "es1371"
- Skip Ahead
- 1. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 2. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 3. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 4. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.7, BackBox Linux 4.3 and RoboLinux 8.1
- 2Linux Top 3: SLES 11 SP4, Chromixium OS 1.5 and Canonical Licensing
- 3Linux Top 3: VirtualBox 5, Point Linux 3.0 and OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 4.2 rc1, 4MLinux 13 and antiX15
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Rafaela, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 and VectorLinux 7.1