Ease-of-Use Tips for the Desktop - page 3
Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
The following are the sound instructions from my windows 98.vmx file. To get my missing sound connection working, I copied sound-related instructions from my file shown below.
I copied them into the Ubuntu.vmx file and I had sound working immediately. This method may work on other missing sections of a .vmx file.
sound.present = "TRUE" sound.startConnected = "TRUE" sound.fileName = "-1" sound.autodetect = "TRUE" sound.virtualDev = "es1371"
- Skip Ahead
- 1. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 2. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 3. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 4. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.11, Kubuntu Goes Commercial
- 5Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x