Ease-of-Use Tips for the Desktop - page 3
Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
The following are the sound instructions from my windows 98.vmx file. To get my missing sound connection working, I copied sound-related instructions from my file shown below.
I copied them into the Ubuntu.vmx file and I had sound working immediately. This method may work on other missing sections of a .vmx file.
sound.present = "TRUE" sound.startConnected = "TRUE" sound.fileName = "-1" sound.autodetect = "TRUE" sound.virtualDev = "es1371"
- Skip Ahead
- 1. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 2. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 3. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
- 4. Setting up a Ubuntu VM Guest on a Linux VMware Server Host
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 2Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 3Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 4Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 5Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time