Krazy Kubuntu Annoyances - page 2
Will All the Helpful Daemons Please Just Go Away?If you want to share your printers without hair loss and raised blood pressure, do it my way. Edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and forget all the GUI junk. This article tells how to share printers the right way in Linux. (This page lists more good Linux tutorials.)
The printer article has one error that I recently discovered the hard way, though I suspect that something changed during a routine update, because it worked fine before--get rid of all the policy junk in cupsd.conf. I had network printing working fine, then suddenly it stopped working. Deleting all the policy crud cured it. That's the directives between the
- Skip Ahead
- 1. Will All the Helpful Daemons Please Just Go Away?
- 2. Will All the Helpful Daemons Please Just Go Away?
- 3. Will All the Helpful Daemons Please Just Go Away?
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative