Switching from FrontPage to KompoZer
I confess, I'm a long-time Microsoft FrontPage user. It is the first website authoring application I used and just haven't had the desire to learn a new tool. I've downloaded trial versions of Dreamweaver and a few others, but FrontPage still remains my main instrument for creating and maintaining sites, even though the software title is now kaput, replaced by Microsoft Expression Web. I'm just so familiar with the application. Plus the sites I manage are relatively small and simple. For most of my daily computing I use Windows-- yes, another confession I shouldn't be making here-- where I can use the Microsoft product. However, when working in Linux, I find myself using KompoZer to create web pages or when I need assistance from a simple HTML editor.
This tutorial is for others like me; FrontPage users, searching for a comparable Linux application. Since KompoZer (see Figure 1) is one of the closest matches you'll find, we're concentrating on it. We'll discover features that are probably new to you and, for FrontPage features missing in KompoZer, we'll try to find ways to go about getting the same functionality. KompZer's help files, online manual, and discussion forum provide very good step-by-step instructions and other help on using it's features, so we won't go through using each feature.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative