What is WindowMaker anyway?
WindowMaker is an X11 window manager designed to give integrated support for GNUstep applications. It emulates the elegant look and feel of the Nextstep(tm) GUI. It is fast and feature rich.
I've tried a lot of windowmanagers, including kde 1.x , fvwm, fvwm95, Afterstep and Enlightenment. Of all these, WindowMaker suits my needs best. Ease of configuration and use are elegantly balanced against speed WindowMaker is stable and very usable. The number of Themes and Dockapps available ( more about of these l ater ) make it even more exciting.
Everything you ever wanted in a windowmanager is in my opinion incorporated in this one. It looks great, it feels great, the speed is great. It's all I've ever asked for in my most daring windowmanager dreams. What about you? Don't believe me? then give it a try. I think you'll like what you find.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader