Boost EIDE performance on new motherboards
Experimental Patches availableftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/ contains some patches to 2.2.x kernels. They add extra chipset support for motherboards that don't normally work too well under 2.2.x, including the Aladdin V. This boosts EIDE performance by offering better motherboard compatiblity.
Install the patches in the
usual way ( i.e.,
cd /usr/src/; gzip -dc
ide.22.214.171.12491014.patch.gz | patch -p0 ),
select "Prompt for development and/or incomplete
code/drivers" in "Code maturity level options"
and then various new kernel compile options
appear in the "General Setup" section.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 4Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 5Linux 3.10 Improves Multi-tasking and SSD Caching