Boost EIDE performance on new motherboards
Experimental Patches availableftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/ contains some patches to 2.2.x kernels. They add extra chipset support for motherboards that don't normally work too well under 2.2.x, including the Aladdin V. This boosts EIDE performance by offering better motherboard compatiblity.
Install the patches in the
usual way ( i.e.,
cd /usr/src/; gzip -dc
ide.22.214.171.12491014.patch.gz | patch -p0 ),
select "Prompt for development and/or incomplete
code/drivers" in "Code maturity level options"
and then various new kernel compile options
appear in the "General Setup" section.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader