Boost EIDE performance on new motherboards
Experimental Patches availableftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/hedrick/ contains some patches to 2.2.x kernels. They add extra chipset support for motherboards that don't normally work too well under 2.2.x, including the Aladdin V. This boosts EIDE performance by offering better motherboard compatiblity.
Install the patches in the
usual way ( i.e.,
cd /usr/src/; gzip -dc
ide.188.8.131.5291014.patch.gz | patch -p0 ),
select "Prompt for development and/or incomplete
code/drivers" in "Code maturity level options"
and then various new kernel compile options
appear in the "General Setup" section.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.11, Kubuntu Goes Commercial
- 5Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x