Disable external X11 for greater security
Turn off this often overlooked service on port 6000
startx -- -nolisten tcp xhosts +local:
If you never want to run X programs on a remote machine to display on your local machine, then you may as well shut off this non-essential service
-nolisten tcpis passed directly to the X Server. You may want to put this in a system startup file like
The xhosts line means "trust all clients who are on local host". This is fine for a workstation with only one user, like a typical home machine.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative