Distribute /etc/passwd among several machines securely
Use rsync and ssh as a cron jobAdd this line to cron:
0,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * /usr/local/bin/rsync -e /usr/local/bin/ssh -a /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/group snoopy:/etc/.
You will need to install ssh and rsync packages. This cron command runs every 10 minutes. "snoopy" is the name of the remote host, which should be set up to allow remote root ssh without prompting.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader